Learn to Turn is the ideal woodturning book to get beginners turning in no time!
- Beginner-friendly step-by-step projects are accessible and attainable for new woodturners
- Covers all the basics, including lathe selection, turning tools, and the fundamentals of sharpening, sanding, & finishing
- Expert instruction, valuable tips, and common-sense advice from author Barry Gross, a skilled teacher who knows how to start at the beginning
- Special troubleshooting section that offers simple solutions to common turning mistakes
- Inspiring color photo gallery of completed works
- Author Barry Gross is a recognized artisan and professional woodturner
If you’ve ever considered trying woodturning but have been intimidated by the tone and scope of the books available on the subject, you’ll find this informative book to be an approachable and enjoyable guide that will have you turning in no time!
Author Barry Gross, an artist and professional woodturner, offers expert instruction, valuable tips, and common-sense advice that will eliminate the mystery while infusing some fun into your turning.
Discover how to select the lathe that’s right for you, the basics of turning tools, and the fundamentals of sharpening, sanding, and finishing.
This revised & expanded third edition also includes new and very attainable step-by-step projects, a special troubleshooting section that reveals surprisingly simple solutions to common turning mistakes, and an inspiring artist gallery of completed works.