- This five piece set is extremely popular with novices. It offers superb quality tools for those who may be on a tighter budget.
- Set contains: 883H 3/4 spindle roughing gouge, 881H 3/8 spindle gouge, 882H 1/2 flat skew chisel, 830H 1/8 parting tool and 884H 1/2 round nose scraper
- Made from hardened and tempered M2 high speed steel that that will keep a sharpened edge about six times longer than carbon steel and will resist “blued” softening from overheating during grinding or heavy use
- All tools comes with hard White Ash handles and solid brass ferrules
- Overall length of all tools in set is 14 inches
This five piece set is extremely popular with novices. It offers superb quality tools for those who may be on a tighter budget. Each tool is crafted in the same way as the larger full size options. Each is hardness tested to ensure every tool passes the strict Robert Sorby quality control test. This is the benchmark that has made Robert Sorby the envy of competitors and earned the reputation of being the best in the business. Set Includes: 883H 3/4 inch Spindle Roughing Gouge – turns square to round, a real work horse; 881H 3/8 inch Spindle Gouge – details spindle work; 882H 1/2 inch Flat Skew Chisel – ideal for planing and smoothing cylinder shapes; 830H 1/8 inch Parting Tool – for parting off work and great for detailing; 884H 1/2 inch Round Nose Scraper – just the job for bowls, platters and spindle work. All tools in the set are 14” long overall. Presented in a high quality, beautifully crafted box. It delivers a striking visual impact especially if gifted as a present.