- These high quality carbide turning tools are American made by Harrison Specialties in Ramsey, Minnesota, a family owned CNC machining and manufacturing company.
- Easy tool selection with color coded solid aluminum handles. Each CNC machined powdercoated turning tool handle is 1-1/8″ outside diameter by 12″ overall length.
- Carbide turning tools feature ultra-sharp replaceable tips, which have multiple sides that can be rotated. Replacing or turning the cutters is easy with the included Torx wrench. No more tool sharpening.
- Designed with a 3/8″ square shaft making it easy to keep tools flat on the tool rest. Overall turning tool length is 9″.
- Greatly simplifies woodturning with no need for any sharpening equipment.
The Mid Size Simple Turner and Hollower – Simple & Effective
Ideally suited for small and mid size projects where the full size tools as just to clumsy. Some examples include pens, Christmas ornaments, bottle stoppers, handles and bowls, just to name a few.
To use the Mid Size Simple Turner & Hollower just follow these 3 simple steps.
- Position the tool rest as close to the work as possible so the carbide cutter is at the lathe center line.
- Place the tool on the tool rest with the tool shaft parallel with the floor.
- While securely holding the tool slowly move the carbide cutter into the work.
Because of the small tool shaft the tool should not extend past the tool rest more than 3 inches.
The Mid Size Simple Rougher – Simplify Roughing
When roughing with the mid size Simple Rougher you’ll notice right away most of the shock created by interrupted cuts during roughing is absorbed in the tool rest instead of your hands and arms. As you begin to move the tool across the turning block you’ll see how fast these carbide tools cut and how much simpler roughing is. It won’t be long until your block is a cylinder and you’ll get your first look at what your turning will become.
In addition to roughing you’ll notice the mid size Simple Rougher is a great tool for shaping the outside radius of a bowl and for turning beads on spindle turnings.
Straight line turning is also simplified and it’s also a great tool for hollowing out the inside of a bowl. If you’re making a box or other vessel that requires square inside corners and a flat bottom this is the tool of choice for that as well.
The Mid Size Simple 55° Detailer – Intricate Detail Work
The design of the mid size Simple 55° Detailer lends itself perfectly to small intricate detail work such as turning beads, cover finials, boxes and other final details on spindle and bowl turnings. The special shape of the diamond cutter allows access to tight places where the cutter on other tools simply can’t be used. Also it is also very useful for making outside chuck tenons and reverse angle inside cuts so bowls can be chucked with dovetail jaws. If you use a 4 jaw chuck to hold your turnings this tool is a must and will be used on every turning.
As you use this tool you will soon see the wonderful small details that can added to your turnings. It will quickly become one of your favorite tools and used regularly.